Monday, April 6, 2015

Fujifilm XT-1 Extended Eye Cup

I have  just received my recently ordered "Long Eye Cup" for my XT-1 Camera.

I've found at times I need to shield light coming in from the side, to do this I use my hand, which is not a big problem until you are using a manual focus lens, then you need three hands.


This is a third party Cup being manufactured in China by JJC Photographic Equipment Co Ltd.
Model EF - XTL  
A$13.00 through Ebay.

It's made of Silicon just like the original, and appears to be of very high quality. It slides on perfectly and looks great.

Unfortunately I wear glasses, so it doesn't help a great deal as there is still a great big gap between my head and glasses. 
But with the glasses off, it does a good job of keeping stray light out from the sides.

I can almost get enough correction out of the XT-1's diopter adjustment to allow removal of my specs, but even if I could it still means you have to wear them on your forehead whilst taking pictures.
This eye cup is of course deeper than the standard one, which can make things a little difficult if you slide your camera into its bag or case.

I think this cup will certainly help many people with stray light problems, and is worth trying out.





No comments: