Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX10

My wife and I are keen snorkelers. Trying to Explain to others the wonders and beauty that's under the water was just becoming to hard, this meant  purchasing a camera that wasn't afraid of the water.
I spend quite a long time trolling through reviews without really finding a clear winner, they all had their good and not so good points.
I eventually decided on the Sony TX10, this guy is water proof to 5 meters and can take a knock or two.


Sony TX10 With Lens guard slid down

All things considered I would have to give this little camera a 8.5/10 score.
Its been on many trips with us both overseas and at the Great Barrier Reef and has never let me down.
Couple of tips, always set the camera to "Underwater Mode" before getting in the water, as you can't use the touch screen after that.
The quality and clarity of underwater shots vary immensely being dependent on water depth the amount of particles in the water and the angle of the sun.
I also move my divers watch from my left to right arm so I can loop the strap through its band. If your wearing a "stinger suit" you can then tuck the camera in the sleeve leaving both hands free to get back on the boat.
Its not easy taking pics under water, just be prepared to take many and delete many, as with most things you get better as you go along.
I have always followed the washing instruction supplied with camera, and have no leaks or issues so far.

OK a select few pictiures, I have hundreds, possibly thousands.

Dinner on the beach. Navini Island Fiji


Turtle Lady Elliot Island QLD Australia

Black Tip Reef Shark Navini Island Fiji
Manta Ray. Lady Elliot Island
Clown Fish. Navini Island Fiji
Blue Fin Trevally. Navini Island Fiji
Clown Fish (Nemo) Vanuatu



No comments: